Get Ready to Work!
ThinkBIG is a 2-year hands-on program. You’ll learn secrets to servicing the most advanced heavy equipment in the world. Program includes:
- Paid on-the-job training: 2,000+ hours of real-world work experience as a Foley technician
- Accredited associate degree in Applied Science – CAT® Dealer Prep Program; credits transferable to four-year institutions
- Up to $20,000 for your OSU or STC degree*
- Foley Scholarship may help offset tuition and books
- Free tooling/toolbox, valued ~$14,000
- Career kickstart: Grads who demonstrate knowledge, skills, and the right attitude are evaluated for full-time Foley employment. That means great salary, benefits, and career advancement opportunities out of the gate!
Two Options, One Awesome Degree
We partner with two accredited educational institutions. Regardless of which you choose, training is split between classroom and state-of-the-art CAT-equipped labs (7-8 weeks), followed by Foley internship training (7-8 weeks).
Day in the Life of a Tech
No two days are alike for service technicians, but here’s what you can count on:
- Become more skilled and confident as you service and repair 300+ different Cat machines and engines. Solve big problems with cutting-edge diagnostics, maintenance systems, and other high-tech tools.
- Work with expert mentors who share your interests and welcome your questions.
- Take pride in helping customers across industries—from agriculture and forestry to construction, trucking, and power generation—get jobs done and empower progress in your community.
Who We’re Looking For
- High school or technical school grads, or college students
- Some mechanical experience preferred
- Enjoy fixing machines and solving problems
- Pride in serving others
See how internships paved the road from classroom to career for these technicians.
“For those that are actually looking at getting into this field, you couldn’t ask for a better program. The instructors for the class are very knowledgeable in all needed area. Of course they cannot teach you everything that you will ever run into but that is where the internship comes in. Another plus to this program, especially through Foley, is that you are given a good starter set of tools with box at no cost to the student. This was very helpful. There are other programs out there, but in my opinion there are none that can offer what you get from the OSU program. Not to mention that you will have a degree when you are done instead of a certificate of completion that you get from other programs.”
– Equipment Tech II
“I would recommend the program to anyone interested in becoming a Caterpillar Dealer Service Technician. You are able to walk away with a degree that no one can take away from you and can be applied in multiple aspects of a dealer operation. I hope that interest in this program continually grows. Good reliable technicians are in short supply these days, and I think this program produces such people.”
– Equipment Tech III
“I would highly recommend the State Technical College of Missouri CAT program. The courses are CAT specific with good training modules. What makes the CAT program stand out is what you don’t learn in the classroom, you do learn on your internships. Unlike other schools, this helps you get your foot in the door before you even graduate making it a smooth transition to becoming a full time technician. If I had to make the choice again I would definitely choose State Technical College of Missouri CAT program.”
“The ThinkBIG program is an excellent start to a career in the heavy equipment industry. State Technical College of Missouri begins with giving you knowledge on how each component in a piece of equipment works. This is done through the combination of instructional manuals and lab training giving you great insight on both operation and disassembly of each component. This is reinforced with excellent hands-on training by the dealer. As an intern you are able to gain working knowledge of how a dealer technician takes the necessary steps to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment so that our customers can get back to work as quickly as possible. I would recommend the ThinkBIG program to anyone. I don’t think there is any better start to gaining good knowledge and good experience as an equipment technician.”
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. For more information, click here. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-529-5810 or email email@example.com.
Foley Industries participates in E-Verify